As an end-of-life chaplain, funeral officiant and pastoral counselor, Rev. Marie provides care, kindness and understanding throughout the sacred journey from dying to death and beyond.
Funerals, Memorial Services & Dispersing of Ashes
Sacred Milestones can assist you in planning and conducting a beautiful ceremony that honors and celebrates the life of your loved one while providing healing and comfort to those who came to say goodbye.
- Complementary initial telephone or Skype/Facetime consultation plus one or more in-person meetings.
- Creation of a unique event based on your values and beliefs and including your choice of readings, music, prayers, rituals and symbols.
- Location of your choice (e.g., chapel, funeral home, graveside, assisted living community, park, backyard or other setting).
- Assistance with home funerals and/or green burials.
- Coordination of all details with your funeral director and venue.
- Follow-up grief care.
Rev. Marie also has particular expertise in presiding at funerals for children and young people including miscarried and stillborn babies, and can provide specialized support for families facing a loss through suicide, violence, and other tragedies.
Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care
Sacred Milestones is available for home and hospital visits to assist individuals and families through the difficult process of an impending death. Rev. Marie can provide structure and support during this transitional time and can help address issues of emotional pain, regrets, forgiveness, meaning and hope.
- Pastoral visits including a non-judgmental spiritual presence.
- Anointings of the sick, last rites, and final blessings.
- Confession and Holy Communion as requested.
- Grief support for families and friends.
- Widow/widower wedding ring removal ceremonies.
Please click here to see our end-of-life educational offerings.