Sacred Milestones is widely renowned for its meaningful, inspirational, and practical offerings with regard to death education. Please contact us to learn more about how we can support your family or organization.
Sacred Milestones facilitates workshops, retreats, and presentations on end-of-life topics including:
- Death Cafés (informal conversations about death over tea and delicious cake!).
- 5 Wishes (health care proxies, pain management, care options…).
- Teen educational retreats including a visit to a funeral home.
- The Gift: An Evening of Inspiration & Remembrance (intergenerational grief event for families preparing for the holidays).
- Coping with a Loved One’s Terminal Illness.
- Helping a Child Understand Death and Dying.
- Frankly Speaking: Caring Conversations about End-of-Life Issues.
- A Family Undertaking: Home Funerals.
- Return Naturally: Green Burials.
- Live, Love, Laugh: Life after Loss.
- How to Comfort a Grieving Friend or Family Member.
- The Funeral: What It Is and What It Does.
- Live or Let Die: Ethical Issues Regarding Life Support.
- Til Death Do Us Part: Wedding Ring Removal Service for Widows and Widowers.
- 5-session death education courses for children, youth, and adults.
- Certificate programs are also available for teens (impressive on a college application!).
Sacred Milestones works with town governments, clergy associations, and civic groups to create and lead interfaith worship services and other community healing rituals during public tragedies including missing persons, the death of a beloved teacher or government official, fires, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and other critical incidents.
For many years, Sacred Milestones has facilitated short-term (e.g. 8 weeks) and on-going support groups for teens and adults related to serious illness, death, and grief on behalf of congregations, community groups, and councils on aging.
Programs for Congregations
Besides running support groups and making presentations to congregations as noted above, Rev. Marie also routinely preaches about end-of-life issues during worship services and runs Sunday School classes, youth group gatherings, and adult Bible studies on topics related to death and dying.
Sacred Milestones is also available to help your congregation set up a “Ministry of Consolation” that is customized and appropriate for your particular religious philosophy. This might include training lay leaders, personalizing the wake service, making a funeral banner, presenting a model for grief care, creating a special Blue Christmas, All Saints Day or All Soul’s Day service, and more.
Individual & Family Sessions
Rev. Marie is available for pastoral care sessions for individuals and families who are facing the challenges of a terminal illness and/or the death of a loved one.