Sacred Milestones offers a variety of educational and entertaining experiences that allow children, youth, adults and families to explore spiritual topics and have sacred conversations outside of a religious setting. These programs are especially popular with groups of people of differing faiths and no faith at all, including social clubs, corporate cafeterias, councils on aging, and fraternal organizations.
Our flagship edu-tainment program is our “Conversation Café.” These experiences are designed to feed the soul with fascinating stories, original videos and a guided discussion on a popular life issue such as loneliness, natural disasters, guilt, regret, racism, PTSD, life after death, parenting, ethical questions and current events.
Sacred Milestones runs fantastic film series with guided conversations to educate the mind, enrich the spirit and engage the heart! Topics include character-building family films, the environment, food themes, diversity issues and more!
Social Concerns & Diversity
As a Sociology professor, certified Social Justice Leadership Trainer, and former minister for African refugees, Rev. Lucca is passionate about trying to make the world a better place. She offers workshops, retreats and training courses for children, teens and adults on diversity issues including race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, body size and appearance, physical and mental abilities, and socio-economic status. Some of her previous work includes:
- How to Raise a Non-Racist Child: A Workshop for Parents.
- Retreats for local high school on race relations.
- My Neighbors Faith and Mine, a 3-month educational program for communities.
- Advising congregations on how to be more inclusive.
- Conversation Cafes about a variety of social concerns and diversity issues.
- Certificate programs in diversity leadership are available for teens (impressive on a college application!).